- A blend of recycled polymers and wood byproducts, ecoFLEX exhibits the best characteristics of the polymers and wood that forms the basis for the material. ecoFLEX is the best of both.
ecoFLEX is made by:
- reducing clean, recycled polymers and reclaimed wood by products from the manufacture of hardwood furniture frames – materials that normally would be burned or dumped into a landfill – into a flour like consistency.
- The material is mixed with UV inhibitors and color blending compounds and granulated into a form that is used to mold the parts that are used to make an ecoFLEX based product.
- The recycled polymers used are either imported from the US and Western Europe where prior use can be verified or they are from our factory’s post industrial scrap.
- A variety of polymers can be used including PVC, ABS, Polyethylene, Polypropylene and others. The wood is predominantly Poplar, a hardwood.
The Many Benefits of ecoFLEX:
- Longer life cycle: ecoFLEX based structures will easily outlast 2 wooden structures.
- In some climates, the ecoFLEX products will outlast 3 or even 4 traditional wooden structures
- AllProof: Weather resistant – Moisture and Humidity Resistant, Rot Proof, and Insect Proof
- Stability: ecoFLEX doesn’t warp, twist or crack from changes in temperature and humidity making assembly easier and further extending life. ecoFLEX doesn’t splinter making it safer for your pet. ecoFLEX doesn’t expand and contract like wood meaning the structure will remain solid for a much longer period of time.
- Natural color: The color is not a stain or surface preparation. Color does not wash off, it does not oxide and turn gray over time.
- Paint or Stain: Accepts latex paint without priming. Can be stained with repeat applications of oil based stain.
- Double wall construction: ecoFLEX panels are constructed with inner and outer walls connected by an interior web making them stronger than a similar thickness of wood, Lighter weight and with dead air providing a minimal level of insulation.
- Easiest to clean: When combined with New Age’s unique assembly technology, gaining access to the inside of the structure in order to clean it is a 30 second process with no tools. You’ll be done cleaning before you have 4 of the screws from a typical wood structure removed. Extensive cleaning done once a quarter or so, is easily accomplished with a mild detergent. So easy to assemble and disassemble the entire structure can be brought inside for a thorough cleaning.
- Eco-Friendly: Not to lose sight of the fact that these are the only pet structures made for outdoor use that are made from recycled materials.
- Versatile: ecoFLEX is extremely versatile, can be extruded, injection molded and more.
- Work ecoFLEX panels with common woodworking tools, can be made to look like wood, stone, marble or even plastic. Perfect for any product that traditionally would or could be made from wood where the benefits of ecoFLEX are important and add value.
No products found