Nitrate Test KitNitrite test kit description:
• Nitrate is toxic to ? fish at high levels.
• A Nitrate test can determine when a water change could help.
• Toxic to some invertebrates even at low levels.
• A nitrate test can determine when a water change should be carried out.
• Use 5 or 10 or 20ppm steps to measure from 5 to 160ppm.
• Nitrate is also a major cause of algae in freshwater.
• Aquasonics Nitrate test kit measures the nitrate ion and not the nitrate nitrogen as some kits do, so it is easy to apply the recommendations of most books.
High readings of Nitrate over time can cause issues of stress to a fish which can lead to disease and their ability to reproduce.