Our Pets are Guaranteed
Choosing a new pet is an exciting prospect and one which will generally involve a lot of emotion. Given that most pets will join your family for around 15 years, it is important to think about the consequences of owning a pet and the type of pet you have in mind.
When you buy one of Kellyville Pets special animals you have the peace of mind knowing that they come to you in the very best of health. We guarantee it!
Kellyville Pets is proud to offer a 14 day health guarantee on small animals, aviary birds, freshwater fish, insects & hermit crabs and a 90 day health guarantee on handraised birds.
This reflects the high standards of animal husbandry we strive to maintain and the quality of breeders we deal with. This health guarantee is provided as part of our commitment to selling quality pets. It is our aim to educate our customers on responsible pet ownership to ensure the health and welfare for the life of the pet. Below are our specific guarantees.
Puppy and Kitten 14 day health guarantee
A 14 day Health Guarantee is given with your new pet, provided it is examined by a veterinarian within 72 hours of purchase (including weekends). If the veterinarian discovers your new pet has a health problem or a genetic disorder that was present at the time of purchase and that will significantly reduce your pet’s life expectancy, we will gladly refund or exchange your pet subject to availability. We will require written confirmation from the veterinarian as to your pet’s problem. Kellyville Pets reserves the option to undertake relevant care at our recommended vet only, up to the value of the purchase price of the animal. Kellyville Pets is not liable for any other veterinarian fees or other costs incurred. Kellyville Pets is liable for the purchase price or the exchange of the animal only. This Health Guarantee does not cover misadventure, behavioural or genetic disorders not obvious at time of sale. Animals are sold as pets only. When sold without papers, we cannot guarantee that the animal will grow true to form. The purchaser named above must be over 18 years of age.
Small Animal and Reptile 14 day health guarantee
Kellyville Pets is proud to offer a 14 day health guarantee on small animals, reptiles, aviary birds, insects & hermit crabs. This reflects the high standards of animal husbandry we strive to maintain and the quality of breeders we deal with. This health guarantee is provided as part of our commitment to selling quality pets. We aim to educate our customers on responsible pet ownership to ensure the health for the life of the pet.
Fish 14 day health guarantee
This health policy is designed to cover the critical period of introduction for your new fish.
What do I do if I lose any of my new fish?
All freshwater fish are covered by a 14 day health policy. Just follow these simple steps:
• Return any fish that have perished in a sealed plastic bag or sealed container within 48 hours of dying
• Bring a ½ cup water sample from your aquarium in a separate container or bottle
• Bring in your water results for ph, Ammonia & Nitrite to cross reference with our results.
• Provide proof of purchase
We will test your aquarium water and if all levels are deemed correct for the specific fish, a voucher will be issued for the full price of the fish. Vouchers are valid for 30 days from issue.
Bird 90 day health guarantee
A 90 day health guarantee is given with your new pet bird. This guarantee is void if your pet bird is not vet checked by one of our approved veterinarians within the 72hrs of purchase (including weekends and public holidays). If the veterinarian discovers your new pet bird has a health problem or a genetic condition that was present at the time of purchase and that will significantly reduce the bird’s life expectancy, we will gladly exchange or refund the purchase price of the bird. We will require written confirmation from the avian veterinarian as to the animal’s problem or genetic disorder. Kellyville Pets is only liable for the original purchase price of the bird. Kellyville Pets is not liable for any illness caused by stress, ill-treatment or irresponsible husbandry, or accident. Kellyville Pets is not liable for any veterinary costs, or loss, and any other costs incurred. Our pet birds are sold as pets only. This guarantee does not cover bird temperament or behavioural or psychological problems.
Health Guarantee Conditions:
1. Guarantee is limited to the purchase price of the pet.
2. Pet must be returned to Kellyville Pets or contact made with Kellyville Pets in the event purchaser believes it to be unwell.
3. Kellyville Pets will offer either an exchange or refund if it is deemed the pet was unwell at the time of purchase.
4. Kellyville Pets will not pay vet bills. All vet bills are the responsibility of whoever decides to take the animal to the vet.
5. The guarantee does not cover events, circumstances or environmental factors that occur after purchase that are out of the control of and/or not the fault of Kellyville Pets.
6. Pet must be returned to Kellyville Pets within 14 days of purchase, with receipt and this guarantee form to validate guarantee.
7. Excludes puppies, kittens and handraised birds as their health guarantee already supersedes this guarantee.
Cooling off period
Kellyville Pets is committed to the welfare of all our pets. Not only while they are in our temporary care but after they go home too. Kellyville Pets is proud to offer a 7 day cooling off period on all livestock*.
This cooling off period that allows you to decide that is best for you and your new pet. If you feel you have made the wrong decision, you can return your pet to us.
Refunds and Costs
If you return your pet within the first 3 days, we will refund you 70% of the price paid.
If you return the pet between 4 to 7 days after purchase, we will refund 50% of the price paid.
This is so we can ensure the best outcome for the pet, you our valued customer, and cover
our costs both internally and externally such as additional vet checks, etc.
Cooling Off Period Conditions:
1. Livestock excludes fish, corals and live rock.
2. Livestock must be in the same health and condition as at the time of purchase.
3. The store and specific department must be contacted before returning the animal.
4. The cooling off period is for 7 days from the day/time of purchase.
5. All paperwork must be presented upon return.
6. Kellyville Pets reserves the right to refuse return where we deem appropriate.
7. The cooling off clause is not valid on some purchases.