Frontline Flea and Tick Spray for Cats and Dogs
Frontline Spray controls fleas and ticks, and can be used on puppies and kittens from 2 days of age.
Frontline Flea and Tick Spray for Cats and Dogs comes in 100ml, 250ml and 500ml sizes.
Frontline Spray provides your dog with protection against fleas and ticks in the following ways:
- Controls Brown Dog ticks when applied monthly.
- Controls Paralysis ticks when applied every 3 weeks on cats and dogs
- Controls adult fleas when applied every 4 to 12 weeks.
- Controls Flea Allergy Dermatitis when applied monthly to the affected pet.
- All other dogs and cats in the household should be routinely treated too.
Dosage and Application- How to apply Frontline Spray to your dog or cat:
The total number of pumps needs to be evenly divided over the 5 areas of your dog’s body, as shown below. Divide the total number of pumps by 5.
1. Find a well-ventilated space and wear rubber gloves to apply FRONTLINE SPRAY (as it contains isopropyl alcohol).
2. Make sure you can adequately restrain your dog during the application – an extra pair of hands is helpful.
3. Adjust the FRONTLINE SPRAY nozzle to the desired spray pattern before you start spraying.
Apply against the lay of the hair, ruffling the coat as the spray is being applied, especially in long-haired or densely coated animals.
4. Holding the bottle upright, apply FRONTLINE SPRAY over the entire body from a distance of approximately 10 to 20cm and ensure the coat is thoroughly wet.
Apply an equal number of spray pumps, at the calculated dose, to each of the following 5 areas:
Area 1: Left side of the animal. Start at the front left paw and spray up over the front leg, over the side of the chest, abdomen and then down the back leg to the paw.
Area 2: Right side of the animal – follow directions as for Area 1.
Area 3: Front of the chest, back and rump, and then to the end of the tail.
Area 4: Top and side of the neck, head, face and jaw. To avoid spraying into the animal’s face, spray the product onto a soft cloth and gently rub onto the face (ensure the coat under the collar is not missed).
Area 5: Bottom of the jaw, neck and chest, the belly and groin and inside all 4 legs, overlapping the areas to ensure total coverage.
After spraying your pet, rotate the spray nozzle to the ‘off’ position to prevent leakage or evaporation of the product.
Please read the label for full administration details and safety directions.
Always read the FRONTLINE SPRAY label for full administration details and safety directions.
Speak to your vet for further advice on flea control using FRONTLINE SPRAY.