Capstar 11mg Flea Tablet Treatment For Cats & Small Dogs
Capstar 11mg Flea Tablet Treatment For Cats & Small Dogs 6pk
Flea Control For Cats and Dogs
Eliminating fleas on your itchy pet is easy with Capstar because CAPSTAR provides fast flea relief for your dog or cat. In fact, it begins to work within 30 minutes to kill adult fleas. You will literally see fleas falling off your pet!
- Capstar for cats and small dogs is an oral flea treatment tablet that contains a fast-acting adulticide for the control of adult fleas on itchy dogs and cats.
- Nitenpyram, the active ingredient in Capstar, belongs to the chemical class of neonicotinoids which bind and inhibit insect (flea) specific nicotinic acetylcholine receptors.
- Capstar rapidly kills adult fleas on dogs and cats.
- Capstar also treats flea allergy dermatitis in dogs and cats. Regular treatment reduces the number of flea bites experienced by the animal. Capstar is widely used by dermatologists for this purpose.
- Capstar has a rapid, prolonged action – killing fleas 30 minutes after administration, and for 24 hours thereafter.
Dosage and Application- How to administer Capstar to your cat or dog:
- Treatment can begin on any day when fleas are seen on the animal, and repeated on any subsequent day fleas are seen.
- Capstar should be given orally, with or without food, on any day when fleas are seen on the animal. No more than one treatment should be given per day.
Note: If a continuous flea infestation is observed after using Capstar, the attending veterinarian should be consulted for further advice.
Capstar is safe to use in puppies and kittens from 4 weeks of age, and in pregnant bitches and queens.
Dog/cat weight : Capstar dose
0.5-11kg: 1 x small (11.4mg) tablet, on any day when fleas are seen on the animal
11.1-57kg: 1 x large (57mg) tablet, on any day when fleas are seen on the animal
>57.1kg: 1 x large (57mg) + 1 x small (11.4mg) tablet for every 11kg more than 57kg, on any day when fleas are seen on the animal
Size: For use in cats and small dogs.